Army Cross Country
THE ARMY INTER UNIT CROSS COUNTRY RELAY CHAMPIONSHIPS - 12 OCTOBER 2016
1. The Army Cross-Country Relay Championships will now be held at the Tweseldown Race Course, near Aldershot on Wednesday 12 October 2016 commencing at 1130 hours.
2. a. The following competitions will be contested:
|1)||Junior Team male and female }||Race 1. Start 1130 hours|
|2)||Women’s Teams }||Teams of 4 in all competitions.|
|3)||Veteran Teams Male & female}||Race 2. Start 1330 hours.|
All Units }
Major and Minor }
|Teams of 4 in all competitions.|
The course will be approximately 3 miles over undulating sandy tracks and heath land. Each competitor will cover the same course as a team relay, handing over by touch.
WALKING THE COURSE
3. Competitors may walk the course from 1000 hours on the day.
4. a. Army Athletics Association medals will be awarded in each of the above categories 1, 2 ,3 and 4 as follows:
1st Placed Team - Minimum of 4 competing teams.
2nd Placed Team - Minimum of 5 competing teams.
a. Final Entries are to be submitted on the proforma at Annex ‘A and B’ by no later than Wednesday 05 October 2016. ENTRIES RECEIVED AFTER THIS DATE OR ON THE DAY WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. Team Captains who wish to change an individuals name may do so. Name changes must be completed by no later than 1000 hrs on the day.
b. Entry fees of £20.00 per team made payable to the ‘ASCB Central Bank’ must accompany all entry forms by post. Entries and team lists will be accepted by fax however, entry fees must be forwarded prior to the closing date.
c. Units may enter more than 1 team but the Association will reserve the right to limit the number of teams entered by a single unit, if necessary. Units with composite teams that include civilian members of staff may compete but will be ineligible for prizes. The event is open to all reserve units.
d. Cross Country competitors for Junior men & women shall be confined to competitors who are aged 17, 18 or 19 on 31 August 2015 and under 20 on 31 December 2016.
e. Veteran ladies must be 35 or over and men must be 40 or over on the day of the competition. Units may enter composite teams of the same gender (‘hors concours’) but will not be eligible for prizes.
6. Units requiring accommodation in Aldershot should apply direct to make their own arrangements including respective messes by contacting the Aldershot Accommodation Booking Centre on 01252 354305 or emailing them at email@example.com as soon as details are known. Accommodation in Aldershot is scarce and is allocated on a first come, first served policy.
7. Travel expenses for attending this event qualify as conditions of service travel for representative sport. Authority for travel to the competition is to be attributed to AG’s TLB. Travel at Public expense is authorised in accordance with 2014 DIN10-030.
8. Team Captains are to report to the Organising Secretary at Tweseldown, by 1000 hours for the first race and by 1200 hours for the second race for the issue of chest cards and a final briefing. Running order and numbers submitted on team lists will remain extant.
9. Bdes are requested to distribute the details of this event to units within their AOR and give this event the widest publicity.
K L Donkin